Friday 7 November 2014

Christmas TV Adverts 2014

47 Days until Christmas!!! I should have issued a warning - all grinches please look away now. Personally, I love this time of the year and the excitement is a-building.
And for once, I do not mind the ads on tv so much - cozied up under a blanket with a mug of hot tea, watching your favourite program, when one of the rather good Christmas ads come on (how new is this? I mean, the concept of actually good, entertaining, heart-warming tv ads?) I sometimes - gasp - don't get up to do more important things but watch them. Repeatedly. Obviously, ask me again in the middle of December how I feel about them, but for now, these are the ones out already that put a smile on my face:

1) A Classic - the John Lewis Christmas ad. So far I have loved all of them.


2) Boots - not your usual amber-glow ad yet absolutely lovely.



(This one will air for the first time on Sunday during Downton Abeey apparently, so here's a sneak peek)


3) Another Classic, with the original Father Christmas. Of course it's Coca Cola:



4) I really do like the Aldi Christmas advert, featuring Jools Holland:




5) M&S features two fashionable fairies, Magic & Sparkle (I see what you have done here, Marks & Spencer oh you clever ones)



6) Evoking that wonderful feeling when you found just the right present for someone is Debenhams' offering:




7) A heartwarming little tale from Waitrose.




My personal favourite here is John Lewis, - for an advert it pushes the brand surprisingly gently, making it even more effective, in my eyes, for this time of the year.

I would love to hear your favourites, - and I make no apologies for the fact that there will be many more Christmas-themed posts coming up over the coming weeks, so please check back soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment